Friday, February 29, 2008

Ready to sew...sort of...

I worked at the cutting table yesterday and added to the queue the Oxford pants, the Pajamas and, because it had been pestering me to get to it, the McCall's 5191 jacket, from a cotton/lycra sateen, to test it out before committing to my uber expensive denim/lycra eyelet.

About halfway through the jacket I got smacked with an ailment. In interest of not posting TMI, let's just say my immediate reaction was to drink lots and lots of water and cranberry/blueberry juice. A trip to the dr this morning netted me some meds, both of which listed dizziness, nausea, and other unpleasantries as possible side effects (anybody else read those inserts and think 'I do not want to take this stuff!' ?).

So I'm still pushing fluids and feeling yucky but hopefully the meds will kick in and I'll feel better soon. If I can manage, I hope to sit at the sewing machine a while...but first, I plan to spend some quality time with my sofa.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz........

8 comments:

  1. Oh No! I know exactly what you mean and it's miserable. My dr. one time said, "Let's send out a sample and culture it before I give you a Rx!", leaving me in misery for another 36 hours. Another time, they said are you sure? I'm like, if I didn't need your signature for antibiotics, I wouldn't be here!

    Get some rest and relax! I hope the meds kick in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, I hope you feel better soon! I know what you mean about the medication side effects. I especially like the ones that list "possible death" as a side effect. Gee, no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Lisa, hope you're better by now. That is miserable..and cranberry juice only works to a point.

    on the subject though of the possible side effects, I called my sons allergist years ago and told him I wanted him to take the atropine out of the nebulizer mix I was making up - after reading all those dire warnings. He calmed me down and didn't take it out - but one of the side effects was indeed - death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am much better, thank you! Thursday night was really the only *bad* night I had...it was Ugly.

    And I realize that the drug manufacturers have to list ALL the side effects...even those that would only happen once in 1.346 billion people. But still.

    And 'death' as a side effect? "Please call your physician should you notice any of the following: (yadda yadda yadda),death,(yadda yadda)"? Wow. Yeah, that one would make me nervous, too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss the jammies post? I'd love to see the fabric/pattern you're using. I've been toying with the idea of making a lingerie swap.

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Charity, I looked round and discovered I'd talked a little about the jammies but didn't really say what I was doing (thought I did!). I found some flannel-backed satin at Hancock's in January and got enough to make a new set of PJ's from an OOP Simplicity pattern (the 2003 review is here. The ones I made for myself back then are getting a little bedraggled, so I'm replacing them. I'll at least take a photo of them laid out on the sofa or something when I'm done.

    Which isn't going to be in time to put in a suitcase tonight for tomorrow's trip... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the review. Sixteen pairs of pjs? I'm dizzy just thinking about it. You deserve a medal or something. I sure hope your church appreciates all that costume sewing you do! ;) They should open an educational wing in your name or something...Have a great time at the Expo.

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, those jammies were for DD the Elder's high school drama class's 2003 competition one-act, not for church. And the director allowed the girls to keep them afterwards; I think DD wore hers to shreds.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)