They had some small and medium blankets with them for sale, plus scarves and headwraps.
I got excited. I'd seen so many GORGEOUS projects made from Kantha quilts. It was quite a challenge to go through the pieces they'd brought to find something that I could use. The largest blankets they had with them were medium, which are about 40" wide and 6 feet long. I could get a jacket front and back from one piece, but I needed another piece for the sleeves. Finally I found a medium blanket and a small blanket with comparable pinks and close-enough greens. The larger piece is 5 saris thick (two outer ones plus three layered inside) while the smaller one is 3 saris thick (only one inner for batting).
The blankets have labels with the names of the ladies who made them. Whatever I make, the labels are going to be part of the finished product.
First issue: deciding on a pattern to use
Second issue: Placing the pattern on the quilts to best use the fabric design
Third issue: Being brave enough to cut into it.
Not sure when this is going to happen...but I gave myself the challenge to finish it so I can wear it to next year's conference. ;-)