Saturday, February 02, 2008

How Fast Can I Type?

I've got to load up and head out to school in about 20 minutes...but yesterday was a Significant Sewing Day and I want to get the details and pictures up before I go, so...if the grammar and spelling are neglected, I'll fix 'em when I get home ;)

The significance wasn't in the sewing I did, but in the sewing related things I did. A fellow Pattern Review member, Peggy L, was in town to celebrate the opening of a new Jason's Deli, which is managed by her son-in-law. It just so happens that the new deli is just around the corner from one of the Hancock's stores in town, so Peggy and her daughter and I decided to meet up there to take advantage of the Vogue and Butterick pattern sale. (I bought a bunch of patterns; I'll talk about those in detail next week). Whilst we were perusing, I found a batch of really nice rayon/lycra jersey knits that were on sale for 1/2 price. Now, I had just been lamenting to myself this week that I needed a few more really nice long-sleeved knit tops...so I bought three two-yard pieces:


Yeah, they're all black and white...it's Black and White for choir this month; incentive to not let them sit around. ;)

Then we met Mr. L at Jason's for lunch (which was excellent; I'll go back w/My Sweet Baboo sometime) and Peggy's daughter snapped a photo before we left:


We had a lovely time; it's always great to meet an on-line friend in real life ;)

I came home, threw the knits in the washer and dryer ran some other errands and took care of other laundry; then, last night while My Sweet Baboo was attending a symposium, decided I *must* make one of those knits up. I was near to distraction, anyway, since I couldn't seem to get a stitch in edgewise on one of my own projects.


So, after a couple of false starts w/patterns that weren't ready to cut for one reason or another, I defaulted to my TNT Vogue 7799. I think the print is slightly off grain; hard to tell, with a knit, because you can't just check a crosswise thread to see, but it behaved as if it were off grain. I kind of struggled to get the lines straight (evidenced by the misaligned motifs on the underlayer at the left shoulder. Oh well.). And there was no way to avoid having *some* print element right at the bustline. I finished it at 12:15 AM...how crazy is that?...but it sure felt good to have something wearable. My Sweet Baboo was still up, since he'd been out late anyway, and I got him to take a photo.

Hopefully, I'll look better in the top in a future choir Sunday photo...maybe even tomorrow!

Ooops! Time's up...gotta run...

3 comments:

  1. What a great day - friends and fabric! I love all of those fabrics that you bought. I see you didn't waste any time making something new, either. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a fast turnaround - fabric in, top out. The top looks great on you. Those TNT patterns are invaluable aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was quick. I don't even have my fabric out of the bag yet. Love your top.

    It really is fun to meet PR buddies!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)