Ok, I finally went to the Dr yesterday to see if I could find out what was causing the 'missing cylinder' and was surprised that the preliminary diagnosis was related to digestion, not respiration, which was what I was expecting. But the Dr's line of reasoning was sound, so I have a round of medicine and a slightly restricted after 5 pm diet and the assurance that, if that is indeed the problem, I should notice a difference in how I feel in about a week and a half.
I certainly hope so. Dragging around and losing valuable time to napping is not getting anything accomplished.
Anyway, all I got done on my costuming yesterday was cutting a bunch of red and purple strips for the headbands; the director wanted to expanded the use of a couple of the palette colors a bit, so we want some glitzy stuff to pull in just a little (more) punch. So I whacked about 70 3/8" strips of sparkle mesh (not sure what to call this stuff; it's got little plastic metallic dots) in red and purple.
I didn't get anything done on the lame shirts and I certainly didn't get my black-and-white rayon to the cutting table. Keely asked what the fabric wanted to be...well, when I originally bought it, I was thinking I'd make a skirt. But once I got it home I decided it was just a little too...spongy?...to make the skirt. And it had an interesting pattern on the reverse (those two-sided fabrics always give me problems w/design...I want to use both sides somehow). So it stayed in the 'on deck' cabinet, but I couldn't visualize what I wanted.
Then, Tuesday, I realized I wanted a drapey top/jacket out of it...and after some musing, thought of Loes Hinse's Retro Jacket. I'd made it for SWAP '05, then decided I could tweak the fit just a little. Not too long ago I finally got around to making those tweaks on the pattern (mostly adding a little length so that the bust point and the waistline were just a bit lower), but hadn't made it up yet. That pattern wants a kind of heavy, drapey fabric...bingo!
All I need is a little time and a little energy... ;)