I *did* cut the Cadeau top out yesterday morning (and a sleeveless, cowl-less, Cowl Top from the remnants), then I went to work on the ITT set.
That shirt is fiddly. REALLY fiddly. There's a huge amount of topstitching, and, due to the nature of it, a lot of tying off and burying the threads. It makes a neater finish, but, oh, man, does it take a while. But I did get the whole set nearly finished. I still have to sew the buttons on the blouse and apply the elastic to the waistband of the skirt, but that will be a quick finish. I had a scary moment when I tried the blouse on and it was too tight in the bust. I let the seam allowances out in that spot as much as I could and it still felt tight...then I realized that I still had the pleat in the back shield basted closed, which made the back smaller than it will be once the basting is removed and the pleat can open. Whew. I won't take the basting out till the shirt is done and pressed but I think I'm ok.
Once the elastic is on the skirt I can change the thread and start on the Cadeau. I'm a little concerned about it; I had trouble w/the stripes matching as I wanted them to (I see why Hot Patterns recommended cutting the sleeves on the bias; avoids the whole issue) We'll just have to see what happens when I put it together.
And, just to make me feel like I'm earning my keep, I really ought to run some laundry through the washer whilst I'm sewing. ;)
Hopefully I'll have pictures by Monday.