Monday, March 05, 2007

A Considered Purchase

I was just a little bummed that my fabric shopping at the Expo was going to be focused around what I would need for choir...I didn't feel like I could just look for fabric that spoke to me. But, an email from Fashion Fabrics club announced that they are running a deal on shipping...1.95 flat rate for any purchase of $40 or more. So I did a little scouting and found two knits and some black cotton/lycra twill that will do nicely for 'necessary choir clothes'...for a total of 8 yards at just a fuzz over $5/yd, including shipping. I don't think I could've found it for cheaper at the Expo, and now I'm free to look for fabric that I love.


I can't buy much...after the 8 yards arrives, I'll be just a little over 12 yards ahead of parity...that'd be about 4 pieces of fabric. And (I'm telling myself this, anyway) I'm going to be picky. It's got to *speak* to me.

We'll see how strong my willpower is...or maybe, how vocal the fabric is this year!

Maybe I'd better wear earplugs. :P

2 comments:

  1. I love love the black and white stripe Cadeau top! Wow, you have really worked on a fantastic fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm sure lots of fabric will be vying for your attention. Some will shout and some will sing glorious harmonies together. Yeah, you'd better get earplugs.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)