The shoulder pads came today; I gave DS a quick lesson on fashion photography and took some pictures:
The shoulder pads really did make a difference. (Keep in mind, I have altered the right side front and back, but left the left side alone for comparison.) I cut in the front armsceye a bit more; putting the vertical portion on the straight of grain as best I could. It still looked a little saggy on the right...not in the same way as it did earlier...farther down. I thought about taking up the princess seam going into the armhole, but decided perhaps I'd overcompensated on the full bust adjustment. So I stitched the vertical portion back up.
Better, but now the diagonal pull lines are back. Perhaps half the orignal adjustment is what I need.
Anyway, it's looking very, very close. I think I'm ready for the linen tweed.