Monday, October 02, 2006

Who ya gonna call? Stash Busters!

Two years ago I decided I urgently needed a pink suit. I ran to Hancock's looking for some pink suit fabric...and ended up getting a pink poly/rayon linen-look. I've used that stuff in the past and had told myself ages ago not to get it again...it just doesn't stay looking nice very long. But it was all they had in the right color, so I got some.

Needless to say, I did not get the pink suit made in the time frame I needed it in...and the pink poly/rayon just took up residence in the stash.

Until this weekend. I needed something more-or-less suitweight to use as a muslin for the FSG jacket, and when I pulled this out I thought, "Perfect!". However, it was a little over $4 a yard...which, to me, is pricey for muslin. I hesitated. Then, my newfound inner stash buster pointed out that I *hate* this fabric, I should never have purchased this fabric, it had already begun a kind of streaky fade out (or maybe the original dye job just wasn't very good)...in other words, I was *never* going to be happy with a suit made from this fabric. So the money was a moot point.

I thanked my inner stash buster, took it to the table and cut the jacket.

And had enough left to get a muslin of the Hot Patterns Trouser Skirt.

And took 2 3/4 yards of fabric out of the stash.

So I'm happy. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've been doing this myself...why do I hoard ugly fabric. It's a question I ponder often. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)