Saturday, October 14, 2006

One Serving of Humble Pie, Please...and supersize it

Did you ever do something so absent-brained that, when you remembered, your gut turned to ice and your heart hit the ground with an audible *thud*?

I did yesterday.

It's fall break...the kids are home from school and I've been discombobulated all week. And last night, about 8:45, I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to have taken dinner to a family in our church who have been going through some difficulties. And I have no real excuse.

Of course, people are sweet about stuff like that and offer all kinds of comforting words like 'Oh, don't worry about it, everyone does that at one time or another', but it doesn't make me feel better. I messed up.

Can I have a dollop of whipping cream with that pie?

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too badly. I was "selected" to be class secretary while taking post-secondary (read secretary school for those who blew it in real HS) During an especially trying time with one of my teen-aged kids, who knew better, I completely forgot it was my responsibility to write a formal "Thank You" to a VIP guest speaker. I did with apologies, then told the class counselor. That was humble pie for the next ten years. Nehmah

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)