Friday, October 06, 2006

The Newman Blue Twinset

I finally caught DH long enough to take a photo of the Newman Blue Cotton Rib Knit Sweater Set:



(The hair just kept getting frizzier as the day progressed...probably because I kept fussing with it.)

Its...ok. The cotton rib has virtually no recovery and stretched out pretty badly in places during construction... especially the armholes on the mock T. I washed it to see if any of it would shrink back out and the double needle stitching tunneled in the wash! I don't think I've ever had that happen before. I pressed it, but it's still got a little bit of a trapunto look to it.

I have a little trick that I've used before to pull in a stretched out line in knit fabric: Thread a big-eyed needle w/ wooly nylon and anchor it well to the seam at one side of the stretched out area. Carefully run the needle through the hem/seam allowance/whatever until you get to the other side. Pull the wooly nylon so that it is just a *teeny bit* shorter than the seam you're trying to 'fix', then secure it well and trim the ends.

This has worked pretty well for me in the past...I may give it a shot at those armholes. But, in all honesty, if I only wear it under jackets/cardigans, it won't matter that much. As long as I don't take the top layer off.

1 comment:

  1. I don't work with knits enough to offer any sane, useful comments, except that the twin set looks nice in the picture.

    Regarding the hair, I really like the Frizz-Ease products, when my hair is longer. I can get smooth waves or curls that don't frizz.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)