Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lunch with Shannon

You'd never know it, but the Rocket City happens to be the place where internet sewing guru Shannon Gifford grew up. She happened to come to town today for a family event, and I was privileged to eat lunch with Shannon and her lovely parents. It was fun to talk sewing over the corner of the table, and you should've seen the adorable jeans jacket Shannon was wearing...the Kwik Sew pattern (I'm too lazy to look up the number), made in a black-on-white print denim that she got at the dollar table at her local Wal-Mart (I think I need to stop at that Wal-mart next time I'm traveling through her neck of the woods).

She drew a little schematic on a napkin which verified some of my thinking on the pink jacket muslin...I was afraid the most correct fix would be to go back and start with a smaller size, and it looks like I was right.

I shoulda paid for her lunch... ;)

Thanks, Shannon!

2 comments:

  1. That WAS fun, albeit too short. Next time, we do some serious fabric scouting!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very fortunate to meet and spend a day with Shannon when I was in Georgia last year so I know exactly how much fun you had! I'm waiting for her to come to Ft. Lauderdale so that I may reciprocate. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)