Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's Officially Fall

I've made a batch of 'Russian Tea'.

Why it's called 'Russian Tea' I have no idea. I've heard similar things called 'Spiced Tea' and 'Christmas Tea'...but the recipe that I've been making for ages and ages says 'Russian Tea', so that's what I'm going with. My original recipe came from one of those fundraiser compilation-type cookbooks, so I've no idea where it really came from.
But here's my recipe (and I'm going to use Brand Names...NAYY)

2 Cups Orange Tang
1 Cup Instant Tea
2 Envelopes Kool Aid Lemonade
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tsp ground cloves

I dump all the ingredients in a small Tupperware container (it has a permanent spicey smell), put the lid on the container and shake it well. 1 mug of hot water + 2 tsp tea mix + sugar to taste = the taste of fall....

2 comments:

  1. My Mom makes a similar concoction, with pre-sweetened instant tea in the mix. It's my favorite cure for the common cold....and the doldrums:)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this recipe! My mother used to make this at Christmas. I never got her recipe box, my dad *might* know where it is, and I know the recipe is in there. Thanks again for the memories!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)