Saturday, March 21, 2009

What's Up With Wordpress?

After unsuccessfully trying several times in the last couple of weeks to leave comments on various Wordpress blogs, I've come to the conclusion that Wordpress just doesn't like me.

Everything looks good as I type the comment...all my info is in the appropriate blocks...but when I hit 'Post Comment' the comment goes away. Never to appear anywhere. No error message, no instruction, no nothing. It appears to have 'taken' ok...but it just isn't there.

So, all y'all with Wordpress blogs...am I doing something wrong?

4 comments:

  1. And I've been having trouble with commenting on blogger posts. Wonder if the two are at war??? Nawwww, couldn't be. I have no idea what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Lisa, but I do know that I finally set up a 'dummy' blogspot site just so I'd be more likely to be able to post successfully. Posting from my Wordpress account didn't consistently work.

    If you'd like to do some trouble-shooting/testing while trying to post on my wordpress blog, just let me know....
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a setting on Wordpress that doesn't allow outside comments? I know Blogger has a setting that disallows anonymous comments; only people who are logged in to blogger can comment. Mine is set to allow anonymous comments, but the little puzzle thing is 'on'.
    Anyway, could that be an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem a couple of months ago on a few different blogs. I posted about it and the answer seemed to be in the settings of the wordpress blog itself.

    From what I understand, the default set up is to have the blog owner approve all comments. There is also a spam filter. Actually, after I posted my question, the problem went away and I was able to post comments again.

    Maybe the blogs in question are going thru some changes/updates and have 'approval' turned on.

    I like the feature in blogspot where it tells you that your comment is awaiting moderation - at least you know it didn't disappear into oblivion.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)