Sunday, April 26, 2009

Choir Sundays '09 #16


This month's colors: Purple or lavender w/black

Jacket: Loes Hinse's Retro Jacket, fabricated in a poly/rayon (mostly poly) boucle-type woven suiting. It wasn't very nice to sew with, but it *is* the right color and it's very comfortable to wear.

Top: The bodice portion of Loes Hinse's City Dress, modified into a tank top, made from silk/lycra charmeuse purchased from the JoAnn's in Duluth, GA (one of the few JoAnn's Etc! stores that I've been in that actually is arranged such that the fabric is the first thing you see when you walk in).

Pants: Not Loes Hinse! It's Claire Shaeffer's Vogue 7881, made from black cotton twill from the dollar table at Wally World...a rare and fortuitous find and I should've bought the whole bolt.

I probably won't be posting any more photos of the whole choir now that they're going to be putting the videos of the whole service on the church website. It's just awkward to catch that picture in the two minutes between the choir coming on stage and the beginning of the service. The video is so much better than a poor still photo anyway!

I didn't get much done around the house during my blogging break; I worked M-W, then was out of town Th-Sat, so there wasn't much time to do anything. But I had a great time on my trip and I got back *just* in time to catch Aida's closing night, which was great. I will post photos of the costumes on stage when I get them; that'll be the last HSM '09 post.

After the show is over, the frustration and stress kind of recedes and is replaced by relief at how well it looked on stage. And I'll miss my sewing buddies. And, I'll be honest, it stirred up my acting blood again...there are rumors that we may do 'The Gospel According to Scrooge' again this year (it's been 4 years since the last production) and, as stressful as that gets, I really kinda hope we do. ;)

1 comment:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)