Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to 'Normal'

But, being as how the new job started the same week the costuming hit, I'm not sure what 'normal' is anymore.

I'll figure it out.

Meantime, I'm starting to think about actual sewing for the closets in this house. The Flute Player needs some things, and I've only got one top that works for choir next month. So there's work to be done.

Not to mention the HMC mantles, which I hope to at least get cut out and interfaced this week! That'll pretty much be the halfway point on those!

But, back before I took the blogging break, I picked up some Simplicity patterns and they've been sitting on the computer desk for a week so I could post about 'em.

So, I need to talk about 'em so I can put 'em up!

Believe it or not, aside from the monthly BWOF magazine, these are the first patterns I've purchased this year. They were just a dollar each...

Anyway, I picked up one pattern for The Flute Player, 3771. She needs capris; I thought this pattern would work w/a little modification (converting the zipper to a fly front, adding a waistband and putting the pockets on the back. Yeah, it's a lot of work, but there's not a boatload of patterns in her size range....). And the top is cute, too.

For me, I picked up 2648. What a great LBD pattern! Or a LRD, as shown on the envelope. Either way, it's a 'Yowza!' dress. Dunno if I've got any occasion to wear a 'Yowza!' dress any time in the future, but I thought it was worth the price. You know. Just in case.

My Sweet Baboo has expressed approval for any and all wrap tops in my wardrobe, so I also got 2977. It'll probably be a cami-required top on all but a few occasions, but that's ok.

And I'm intrigued with the front pleats on the top and dress of 2938. The pleats on the sleeve and back of the jacket are interesting, too. If I find the right fabric...

So, now I can put them away! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)