Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Last-Minute Dress

The Flute Player has a real knack for needing dresses on short notice. Thursday we got an email that the 'junior ministry team' for our children's ministry need not wear their official 'uniforms' - jeans and logo t-shirts -- for Easter. They were encouraged to dress up if they wanted to.

Well, I pulled out her Easter Dress from last year (also a last-minute creation) and found that it was hopelessly too small.

So I pulled out one of the pieces I'd purchased for her last month. I had two or three options in mind for it; she finally decided she wanted another version of last year's dress. So I've traced it off again in a size bigger and several inches longer. This is a knit, so I'm not worried about her being able to pull it on.

I'm skipping the costume work day tomorrow to put it together. Shame on me, right?

But this cobbler's child will have shoes... ;)

3 comments:

  1. I would say "lucky you" that your size hasn't changed since you made your outfit. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say "lucky you" that your size hasn't changed since you made your outfit. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let's just say it hasn't changed enough to make the jacket unwearable...

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)