Friday, December 02, 2005

Brave in Ribbons



"Cratchit's wife [was] dressed out but poorly in a twice-turned gown, but brave in ribbons, which are cheap and make a goodly show for sixpence."

Here are the before and after shots of Caroline Cratchit's dress; it was originally in one of the boxes that came from Florida. The collar is actually printed stretch lace; I had it draped differently for about 2 weeks before I went in Wednesday and changed it all up. The actress bought a small hoop slip to wear...not period, but when she spent a chunk of her own money, what can be said? I don't think the hoop'll be all that noticeable...I hope ;).

I should finish up Grandma Cratchit's dress today; I'm going to try to make a pelerine to go on it, which should be a good trick as I've only seen one or two pictures on the web of such a piece. It'll be my best guess approximation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)