Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Can I do the Cadeau?





Ok, so I've downloaded and printed the Cadeau T Shirt from Hot Patterns and actually thought I'd see about making it. It just so happens that I got a really cool black and white stripe rayon/lycra jersey from Louise Cutting at the ASG conference in Nashville last summer, and I envisioned actually making the top on the pattern art. So I taped together the front, back and sleeves and decided to compare them to the only other raglan T I've made lately, the Santa Monica T from Textile Studio. Whoa, mama! I used a Medium for the Santa Monica T, but as you can see in the photos, even the size 6 on the Cadeau is considerably bigger overall. Hm. I know the necklines are different, but that's not what I'm really looking at...the bust level, at the bottom of the sleeve-bodice seam, and the hips, and the width of the sleeves all look to be much bigger than I expected...since I should use a size 12 according to the size chart at HP.

Not cutting anything yet...I think I'll go re-read the Reviews again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)