Sunday, December 04, 2005

Dem Bones

Finished putting the boning in my bodice last night; boy, is that stuff contrary! I used the pre-cased boning for it and tried to apply it with the curve of the boning following the body curves, but the stuff is twisting around inside the casing and rolling up. I guess it'll be held on tightly enough that the boning will be forced to conform to the curves underneath, but it is frustrating.

After I purchased this stuff, I read Kenneth King's article in a 10-year-old issue of Threads in which he recommends using Rigilene and 'stitching in the ditch' of the seams right through it. So I'm trying that for the Belle bodices...but perhaps I should suspend a weight from the ceiling using the currently rolled-up Rigilene to straighten it out a little? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)