Tuesday, January 29, 2019

12 Months 12 Outfits - January

Ok, I've got this month's 'outfit'  ready with a couple of days to spare, lol.

Here's the scarf; this is the retail image and the colors are really much more vibrant than they appear.  But, try as I might, I couldn't get a good photo showing the colors; they washed out in all the lighting I tried.
So, here's the outfit for January:

 I polished up my several-years old SAS loafers...and discovered upon sticking my hand in the toes that the lining is developing worn out spots so they are not going to last a lot longer.  But they'll do for a bit.

The earrings are on the shirt, but you can't see them  so here's the image from Novica:

I probably should have picked something with a bird or flower theme to suit the scarf, but the truth is I picked the scarf for the colors, not the motif, and I'm really not a bird/flower fashion type.  I find that earrings that have pointy features flatter me the most, and, for whatever reason, these really struck my fancy.


Individual pics of the garments; they were all taken in the same light so I don't know why the white t-shirt came out so dark.  Lack of contrast with the background, I guess.

McCalls 6844 Cardigan in blue Rayon/nylon/lycra ponte.  Long straight view, patch pockets added.  The color here is considerably lighter-looking than it is in real life.  Again...I just have a cheap camera.

Jalie 2566 T, cotton lycra.  I added an inch and a half to the length; I've decided I like my T's a little on the longer side.  Also, this is a pretty firm knit and fits somewhat snugger than I would like.  Hopefully that will be rectified if I can maintain my dietary discipline. 

Sewing Workshop Helix Pants; I added pockets from Loes Hinse's Oxfords because, well, pockets.  It's from Telio's Rayon/Nylon/Lycra Jockey Ponte, which is pretty much my favorite double knit at the moment.  It's ultra smooth and drapes beautifully.   I realize the details don't show...black pants and all...but the truth is the top few inches are always covered when worn anyway.


So...that's it for this month!  Friday we'll get the February choices; I'm already scouring the dress pattern stash to see what I might be able to come up with if the February choice is a dress, as it has been in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)