Tuesday, January 15, 2019

2018: A dismal year for sewing

The stats from the year:

Fabric In:52.75 yds
Fabric Out: 24.875yds
Last fabric added: 12/29/18
Garments made for me: 12
Accessories:0
Garments made for other family members: 0
Home Dec Items: 1
Wadders, er, Unintentional muslins: 0
"Donations" : 1
Muslins:0
Misc. Church Sewing:
'Reserved' Chair sashes...team effort 
Well...at least I averaged one garment per month, lol.
I looked back over the year's projects to see if there were any that were remarkable in any way; probably the most outstanding of the mediocrity was the Arcadia Green top and the adventures in dyeing that I took to get  that minty shade of green:
I will say that I have worn that top quite a bit; it's a cheerful color and the cotton knit is substantial enough for an Alabama winter. But, really, that's as exciting as it got around here.  I didn't even manage to average one blog post per week, since I discontinued the choir wardrobe posts.

But,  I did keep the 'fabric in' yardage down, even if I still only managed to sew up about half the amount of yardage I purchased.  That percentage seems pretty consistent....but I'm choosing to look at the total yards in.  Yes, I did better.  LOL.

I only bought TWO new patterns last year.  That is a DEFINITE improvement.
But, then, that may be because the friendly neighborhood Hancock's store, with their 1.99 pattern sales, is also a thing of the past.  Removing the temptation...

But...2019 is a new season, and I have a wardrobe plan to execute.  I'll probably  have some church costuming to write about. So hopefully I'll be hitting the 'publish' button a little more often.  

Here's to more sewing and more blogging in 2019! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)