Saturday, August 01, 2009

Equipping an inspiration....

Ok, I haven't had a chance to get into the sewing room for, well, a while now. I thought I'd get a chance today, but a sale flyer from Hancock's indicated a sale on McCall's and Vogue patterns, so I used my sewing-room time for some sewing-shopping time. (bad, Lisa, bad...)

It was pretty much a bust. The new Vogues weren't in the drawer yet (I had 4 on my list...), but I did pick up a couple of 99 cent McCall's patterns... 5662 and 5929...both kinda similar to things I have already, but worth $1 not to have to draft the details.

I also picked up some fat quarters:


The Flute Player has some jeans that still fit good around the seat but are getting too short; I thought I'd try Angie's Hippie Chic jeans and see if I could extend the use of them just a bit. The Princess shuddered to think I would try to make them longer by 'adding some ugly fabric'(she hasn't YET seen the FQs), but I think I'll give it a try.

After all, the jeans really aren't wearable as they are anyway...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)