I dug through the entire pattern cabinet and all my BWOF magazines trying to decide what I wanted to use for a brown jacket.
I have some lovely brown Zegna wool from Michael, so I knew what fabric the pattern must work for.
But I had some criteria...I didn't want to use my lovely wool on something that would be dated in a season or two; it had to have Staying Power. It also had to work w/a number of different shirt necklines. Shoulder princess lines were preferred, for ease of alteration.
And it had to work w/my body type...Middle Aged.
I compiled a short list of about 5 patterns, but ultimately decided upon Jacket 116 from BWOF 12/2008:
I've got 4 yards of the brown wool, so I might make pants, too.
Anyway, I expect it to take about a week to get the pattern traced (I think there are something like 12 - 13 pieces, some of which will have to be adapted and traced again for the lining).
But it's out on the Project Table to be traced...who knows, maybe I'll get a TNT out of it...