Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet the New Assistant

We had two cats before we had kids. The cats never quite forgave us for bringing children home to torment them, but we all enjoyed the furry friends. At least, most of us enjoyed them. My Sweet Baboo sort of tolerated them.

But, kitties don't live as long as kids, and, not too long before The Flute Player's first birthday, our second kitty went to Catnip Heaven.

That was a little over twelve years ago. Even after all that time, and two household moves, I still found the occasional cat hair.

But I figured it was a matter of time until we got another cat. The kids have been asking. But I wasn't ready.

I'm still not sure I'm ready, but this kitty needed a home; she was found in a parking lot, but the family who found her couldn't keep her and she was headed to the animal shelter in a couple of days.

So now we have a cat. Hopefully, but the end of the weekend, she'll have a name.

Meantime, I'm trying to remember how to train a cat to stay off the kitchen counters and table...sigh...


5 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, she is absolutely beautiful! She looks quite fashionable wearing her formal-length white gloves--on both her front and her back legs! I think you are absolutely wonderful for rescuing her and I know she will bring you so much happiness. Just wait until she discovers the joys of the sewing room! My two feline sewing companions spend much of their time in there. Can't wait to find out what you name her. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't find it mean, but a spray bottle with water in it works to train them off of tables and counters. If you snap you fingers when you squirt them eventually they'll respond to snaping fingers and you can do away with the water bottle. :) She's so cute.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a spray bottle filled and handy in the kitchen; I always said 'PsssT! PssT!', though. I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to squeeze the nozzle and snap my fingers at the same time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on Earth could you really expect anything that cute to respect rules and regulations? What a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - she is adorable! I'm sure she'll make a fine little friend.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)