Monday, December 11, 2006

Overdue Thanks

In August of 2004, 5 dear ladies from church showed up at my house to help me pack up the household goods on very short notice...shortly thereafter I purchased some fabric to make them appreciation gifts. But life didn't give me a break in which to put said gifts together.

That's one of those long-delayed projects that I'm using the available 'down' (as in no major sewing projects due) time to catch up. I've got four cut out...they're all the same pattern...but the fifth is different and it'll wait until the others are done.

I don't *think* any of these ladies stop by here, but just in case I'll hold off on what they are...for now...

I'll post photos after they've been distributed.

Oh, it will feel *SO GOOD* to have finally taken care of that!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Just curious what you mean by "the household goods." I know it's not that you are moving--it doesn't sound like that--just not clear on what you mean--enjoy reading your blog and hearing what's going on with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Just curious what you mean by packed up "the household goods." I know it's not that you are moving--it doesn't sound like that--just not clear on what you mean--enjoy reading your blog and hearing what's going on with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was moving...but it was two years ago. The house sold very quickly w/a short closing date, and I never would've made it if those dear ladies hadn't helped us pack everything up.

    But...the thank you gifts are now more than two years overdue... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the "dear ladies" are going to be sooooo surprised! Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay,

    I see it now--having read your post a little more carefully. Sometimes it is nice to receive something unexpected at a little later time. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)