I finally got the extra wide flannel put through the washer and dryer three times; I think it shrank about 3" in width...I didn't check the length.
It's getting chilly...I want my warm sheets!
So I measured and tore the whole set yesterday and, since the other chunk of sheeting I've had sitting around waiting to be turned into sheets is also light blue, I tore it into appropriate sized chunks, too, and I'll just make both sets of sheets this week.
I'll have my nice flannel sheets by the weekend (I hope), and 13 yards moved from stash.
I'll take some pictures of the process and post them when I'm done.