Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Angel Two: Done!




It took 15 hours to make the cape, about 7 of which were neck-numbing hand sewing. I spread it out on a table, which helped but didn't entirely prevent the neck creaking. I put the cape on the hanger with the dress, then decided I'd put it on so you could see the hood. I'm about 4" shorter than Angel Two, so I had to stand on tiptoe and DS, who took the photo, is not yet sufficiently educated in fashion photography to know to look for things like a flipped up hemline. But you can get the idea!

Today's agenda: Determine what Dickens meant by his description of Bob Cratchit's wife as 'brave with ribbons'...leaves much scope for the imagination, doesn't it? Time to figure out what to do with Mrs Cratchit's dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)