Monday, May 02, 2022

Start with a Scarf 2022: The first addition

 Ok, so it's May 1 and I'm just now posting the January addition...which I just finished sewing last week.

All I can say is...life's been busy, lol, and I was also trying to finish the required garments for the annual Stitcher's Guild SWAP competition.  I actually finished the last garment for that on Saturday, and I was going to take the pictures to post for it and suddenly realized that one of my shirts was in the laundry.

Oopsie.

So, whilst that load is running through the machines I thought I'd just go ahead and post what I have for the first installment in the the 12 months series.

For a refresher, HERE'S what Janice selected for the six different wardrobes...and here's my interpretation thereof:


A 3/4 sleeve shaped hem T shirt from Vogue 9057, an out-of-print Marcy Tilton pattern.  The cardigan is Pamela's Patterns  Cool Cardigans: Drape-front Cardigan.  I might as well admit that they are from the same fabric, so they are a dead match.  I  *might* have also made a short sleeved t from the same chunk of fabric, which could possibly show up later on...

The earrings are from Novica and I have to say that the image, which I downloaded from the site, is a bit deceptive.  The set I got is translucently *barely* pink and stupid me, I didn't look at the listed dimensions.  They are, um, rather large.  The post is stout as well, so I'm wearing them around the house a bit to get adjusted to them before committing to wearing them a whole day.  They are statement earrings, no doubt, lol.  

Janice listed black leather goods for January, so I followed suit.  I'd been looking for an excuse to get a good cross-body bag, and I finally found one (on sale!) from Wilson's Leather online.  The boots are actually from my closet...they're the boots I bought for the 2019 SWAS wardrobe and they're still in pretty good shape.  The loafers are Rockport/Cobb Hill and I may have been a little overly cautious by ordering them in the extra- wide width.  At least I can wear them with nice thick merino wool socks, lol.  I will likely order a pair in blue later in the plan and if I do I will just get the plain ol' wide width.

So, dusting off my graphic arts skills (which could easily be brushed away with the dust, lol), here's the whole set at the moment.  

 I'll actually start wearing the new stuff once the SWAP pics have been procured.

Now, off to work on the February selections.  And study what has been posted for May...

2 comments:

  1. I've had a huge lifestyle change and lost interest in capsule wardrobes / SWAP. Glad to see it is a concept that is still working well for you. I've not really changed the colours I wear, but I'm just tweaking the types of clothing I need, and accessories have become a very minimal part of it.
    Janice never seems to pick a set of colours I would actually wear in her wardrobes, but I suppose since I know what colours I like it doesn't really matter.
    I think you are doing a great job interpreting this in a way that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I have kinda always been a capsule wardrobe person, before I knew that's what it was. I made my first capsule wardrobe when I was a sophomore in high school...age 15, lol. It was made from poly double knits and combined a navy crepe with a navy and white houndstooth. Bought a couple of poly knit sweater bodysuits and I was styling, lol. I don't know if I have any actual pictures of that set or not...

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)