Sunday, March 20, 2022

Start with a Scarf 2022: The Core

 So last night I finished the last of the T shirts for the 5-Garment Neutral Core that Janice announced back in December, lol.

I confess to being slightly intimidated by the cardigan fabric and probably that contributed to the slow start here, lol.  But to be fair...this has been a very, very busy start to 2022.

My Sweet Babboo commented last night that he's ready to Not Do Stuff for a bit, lol.

Anyway.

The neutral color for my scarf, Hydrangea by PJ Studio Associates, is navy blue, and the 5-Piece Core consists of a sweater, a long sleeved t-shirt, a textured cardigan, and two pairs of casual pants...Janice chose some navy knit pants, one heavy cotton jersey and the other knit corduroy.

So, here's my take on it:


Top Row:  Cashmere crew neck sweater by Quince.  Believe it or not, I have JUST THIS YEAR splurged on some cashmere sweaters. I had never owned one before...caught a couple of serious sales at Lands' End and then, when I was looking for a blue sweater for the core set, I found Quince. You can't beat the price.  And...wow...I really, really am a cashmere believer now.  So soft and warm, but not overly hot.  So I have ventured into new wardrobe territory already, lol.  Next up is the cable knit cardigan (Mc Call's 6844)


 And then a cotton/lycra jersey Jalie 2566, with the cobbled up long sleeves (sleeve cap from the t-shirt, sleeve length from the cardigan):


The pants are from my closet, so I didn't take specific pics of them...Sewing Workshop Helix Pants, with a pocket added, made from Telio Jockey Ponte, for which I paid about $12 a yard maybe 5 years ago?  And now sells for about $25/ yard from the same vendor.  Oy.  And a pair of slim leg dark wash jeans that I got at Talbot's at least 3 years ago.

ETA:  I forgot how to photograph these things, lol.  Here's the composite of the core set, which may be a little easier to see...



So there's a Core Wardrobe, lol.  Next up:  A pink knit twinset, plus some accessories.  Dug through my patterns this afternoon to try and make up my mind what I shall do; I may go a little wide of the recommendations but hey, it's about breaking out of the patterns I've had for a while, lol.

And I thought I'd throw this in, too, just for grins...I'm five garments in for the SWAP wardrobe, which is slightly different. I may or may not use the pants I picked for the Start With A Scarf...we'll see how much sewing I can get done before the SWAP deadline, which is in about 6 weeks.


It's the Blue Cardigan, plus 4 Jalie 2566 T's.  I had two yards of the blue jersey, so I did the same thing I did with the red merino wool...and got a long and a short sleeve T.  I will say...I have really liked wearing the merino wool T's as well. They are not as soft as the cashmere, but they have worn well so far.  It's kinda nice to know that 2 yards of 60" knit will yield a long and a short sleeved T shirt if I cut it right.

I have some garments in mind for this wardrobe...a pair of striped ponte pants, a pair of linen pants and a linen skirt, along with at least a couple more tops.  And maybe a dress. 

In six weeks. LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great wardrobe! That scarf will really get a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wardrobe. enjoy wearing all the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found the link to your blog on one of Janice's old Vivienne Files comments (from 2019). I am a seamstress as well and have been trying to revamp my closet a bit from sewing all the pretty things to getting some basics in there to wear them with! I'm excited to follow along and you might be inspiring me to play along with the scarves too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)