Sunday, May 01, 2016

Choir Wardrobe 0501 and the Purple dress...

As I said yesterday, the irony of making a gray-and-black SWAP, basically for choir (we've worn gray and black for the basics for the last 6 months) is that...the day after I finish, we remove gray and black from the lineup for summer.

May's colors are Navy, Tan and Coral.

But I have a bit of that already in the closet, so we're good.  It's just not new.
Coral rayon blend jersey Jalie 2919 Pleated Cardigan, with a bit of modification in the sleeve and back;   a RTW guipure lace tank over a navy blue rayon jersey Jalie 965 Cami/Tank top, with Tencel twill Loes Hinse Oxford pants that, in one of my tweaking iterations, came out with wider legs than standard.
 And, we have a special event at church tonight that really leans towards a bit dressier attire than is typical, so I decided to pull out the new Toni Designer Dress from the SWAP. 
(I may yet change my mind and chicken out, as I haven't really gotten the photos I want for the SWAP set...and I'm just a little apprehensive about doing something to damage it before I get the photos...)

But, I need photos for a review of the pattern, too, and these are probably good enough for it.  

My Sweet Babboo just shook his head when he first saw it; The Flute Player did photography duty for the dress and she was fine with it until I pulled out the corners.

But, based on the fact that 4 out of 5 of the patterns that I got in the batch from Amazon has pockets, I'm thinking that the designers at SA totally get the pocket codependency that I live with.


  The dress is rayon challis, and so very, very lightweight.  It will be a dream to wear in the heat of summer, but it's a little damp and airish tonight, so I'm also risking the new cardigan...which does tone down the oddity of the dress.

Somewhat.

Love me some fun and funky stuff...when I can...



2 comments:

  1. Great SWAP! Lots of versatile pieces and a classic color palette. The dress is a delightful surprise. It is very similar a Sandra Betzina tunic pattern which I sewed. I didn't think I would like it but I do.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)