Monday, May 16, 2016

Workwear 29

It's a dark picture, but it was the best of the set-the-timer-and-hop-in-front-of-the-camera selfies...

Today's SWAP wardrobe item to mix with old stuff is the New Look wool crepe jacket.  It actually fits very well...and shows  it, when I have pulled the sides in and draped the jacket just so.  But, like other kinda-sorta double breasted styled jackets, it tends to swing out and down and look like it's baggy. 

It actually took me a bit to figure out why it looked so boxy in some photos...that's why.  I hadn't pulled the sides in.

But, you know, it's ok.  It's wool, but it's an airy crepe and it's single layer so it actually works really well in an over air-conditioned world.
It's gonna get a lot of choir wear when we put gray back into the mix.

And it's playing well with my zig-zag cotton Jalie 2566 T and gray Lee jeans...which probably would look way more on trend if I'd've cuffed them a wee bit.

But, well, somedays you feel like a cuff and somedays you don't... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. The wool crepe is comfortable in Alabama weather? I have some that I think would be wonderful as a lightweight jacket but have never used thinking I would die from heat overload here in Louisiana.

    Nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an exceptionally cool day today...but I'm thinking it will be welcome in the AC, once the heat kicks in. I've recorded temps of 63 and 64 degrees in my office...and I'll take the jacket off to go outside, lol! But it is very lightweight and airy.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)