Sunday, February 12, 2023

Start with a Scarf 2022: The September Set

 Once I posted the collection for August, I was cleared to post the collection for September because...gasp... I didn't actually make anything for the September set.

Have a look at what Janice selected for the Vivienne files September wardrobe addition; I pondered how to make that work for me for quite a while (seeing as how I am so far behind, I had time, lol).  I decided that instead of a white skirt, which really wouldn't work for me at all, I would start with (drum roll...) white jeans!  And I just happened to have a pair of nifty white Lands' End jeans in the wardrobe already.  But I didn't have any suitable cold weather footwear that felt right with the white jeans and soft colors.  Zappos to the rescue; I ordered multiple sizes in a couple of different styles of sort-of-white boots and ended up with some David Tate boots in a creamy vanilla color that kind of is ok.  (NOBODY had true white boots, at least not in wide widths).  I pulled a Talbot's scarf out of the closet that actually made an appearance in the SWAP 22 photo shoot, so I was wearing it with this lot anyway.  I had actually already purchased the mint tunic sweater from Lands' End on a big sale just before the September picks dropped, and I found a pale pink cashmere turtleneck at Quince.  A pair of pink opal earrings found via Amazon (don't judge me) and a silk bandanna from Nordstrom's (on sale too!) and I'm set.


And here's all the clothes so far:


After I re-created the accessories slide, and then updated it for this set, I found the one I couldn't find earlier.  It was the page two of the to-date clothes file.  Facepalm.


That's what happens when I go for, um, several months in between posts, I guess.

But I have sewing to do for the last three installments; and of course I'm going out of order, and there is an Easter production to costume so...well, I'll get there eventually, lol.

2 comments:

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)