Monday, February 13, 2023

Start With a Scarf 2022: the October Set

In Which She Changes Her Mind...

Y'all.  I had an epiphany.

See, the 'item to make' for the October wardrobe selections was a  flannel shirt.  I have the fabric...a blue and mint on white...and I plan to use a tweaked version of the Burda pattern I used for the Pink Twill Shirt.  But I have blue thread in the serger and, um, several blue things to make for the November set, so I was putting off the October shirt.  

Then I looked at what I wore today.

A blue t shirt from the 2020? I think?  Women's conference merch, blue jeans, and a fairly recently-purchased blue and white plaid flannel shirt from Land's End...love their flannel shirts, but sometimes the patterns on them are a little Out There, if you know what I mean.  Snagged the classic one on a sale.

Dude, why am I gonna stress about making a shirt when I have a perfectly acceptable one already?

So that means the October set is ready to post, lol.

Janice's additions were "Three cold weather tops, earrings, boots or sneakers, and gloves".  

I had a blue Lands' End mock turtleneck already...I mean, doesn't everyone?  Hunted for a blue hoodie; something a little nicer than my gray Turkey Run hoodie that I wear because it's warm, and found a nice midweight basic blue zip hoodie (with pockets!  It had to have pockets!) at Quince.  Bonus points for reminding me a lot of a sweatshirt I had and loved in high school, lol.

 I thought I had some blue leather gloves but I hunted all OVER and couldn't find them, so I ended up getting some Alpaca gloves from Novica.  The fingers are a little long for me, but ALL gloves are too long in the fingers; I just have shrimpy hands.  They will work for driving, lol.  I also puzzled over the footwear.  I have some blue Taos sneakers that I thought about putting in the set but I stumbled onto a pair of Cobb Hill blue lace up boots that are waterproof and...I got them.  (Wore them to church on a rainy Sunday and got compliments on them from twenty-somethings, so there's that).  I wasn't sure what I would do about the earrings...but that could be decided at the last minute.  

 All of that was waiting for me to make the flannel shirt.

So I will use something I have and I'll move the mint-and-blue shirt to Phase Two, lol.  Then I can work on the crazy math for the skirt I'm making for the November set without feeling like I'm getting behinder because I'm out of order.

And I thought about which earrings should be added and I decided on the earrings my hubby got me for Christmas...replaced a kinda similar pair that disappeared whilst we were on vacation last September (a true mystery).  I think the low key shine is perfect here.


Casual?  This almost looks downright lumberjacky...lol.  But that's life in the early 2020's....

All the clothes so far:
I just did a quick count; 34 garments...I bought 11 since the start of the challenge, made 12, and pulled 11 out of the closet.  Pretty even.

All the Accessories so far:

Now I can focus on the items for November.  A velvet Hippy Earth Mother Skirt?  Hmmm....

3 comments:

  1. Some of the Lands' End flannel shirts are in such unusual colors that I don't have a CLUE what someone would wear with them. You got the beautiful classic pattern!
    hugs,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't know what could be worn with some of those wild shirts...I'm sure no one else does, either, lol. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to use a purchased shirt you already had.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)