Wednesday, June 26, 2013

checkin' in

Data base migration at work; we are hitting the crunch time leading up to the switchover.

I have been dreaming about the data base...only obliquely.

Also dreaming about getting into my sewing room, but that's of the day dreaming variety.  And then only in the moments when I tear myself away from my computer.

That's the downside to working on the cloud...you can work from absolutely anywhere there's an internet connection.

I commented to one of my co-workers that I was thinking about taking one of the ancient church laptops on our upcoming visit to my parents' so I could work on cleaning old records while I was gone.  'That's a good idea,' she said.  "No!" I replied, 'That's a terrible idea!"

But it may not matter because the check engine light has been on on the car all week and I'm not going to go anywhere until it's fixed.  We've already done 'break down in Nashville and rent a car to follow the tow truck 95 miles home' once and I NEVER want to do that again!

Actually, I want to tell everyone we've left town and then stay home.

And not touch the computer.

Maybe I could sew.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just cringe when work impedes on the sewing time! Definitely plan the trip, but close the curtains tight and sew the night away...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan might work well. You could also wear a disguise while in the sewing room. No.One.Will.Know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is such a thing as being 'too available' - ask me how I know LOL. It's so convenient but way to tempting to just log on 'for a minute'. I've had daydreams of those vacations too - tell everyone I'm somewhere else and stay home. I'd do it if I could figure out how to make it work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)