Sunday, March 03, 2013

Choir Wardrobe 03 03 13

Goodbye to February grey!  The colors for March are emerald green (Pantone's color of the year), grayed jade, navy blue and tan/beige.

If you click through to the Pantone site, you'll see that 'emerald green' covers a lot of ground...from something that looks like a deep jade to something that looks like kelly green.  Will the real 'Emerald Green' please stand up?

So I decided I'd play it safe and wear tan and blue.  Just to find out how 'emerald green' is interpreted by other folks in the choir.

It helped that I had a square rayon scarf w/ a beige floral print on a navy background (another made-from-remnant freebie; the blouse is too little but the scarf still works).

The scarf is matched up with a navy rayon/lycra jersey Jalie 965 tank top and the re-crafted khaki cotton sateen McCall's 5860 jacket.  It's pretty rumpled; this is the AFTER three services photo.  I probably should've modeled it unbuttoned, so it could be better compared to the last time I wore it so you can see the difference 4" out of the bottom front makes, but it was a chilly day and I kept it buttoned the whole time.

I do have some green in the closet that will blend with what everyone else was wearing, so maybe next week I'll pull it out.

On the costuming front, we measured kids Saturday and I spent a couple of extra hours helping our Costume Mistress pull costumes from the disarray of stored costumes (did I mention that the school moved into a new building over the summer?  I don't know what happened to a large number of the costumes...I think there is a good bit stored off site...somewhere...).

I'm assigned to the Poppies team, and I may well be part of the Yellow Brick team before it's all over.  My name is on the purchase order letter, so I am an Authorized Buyer.  Sigh....I'd much rather just put my head down and sew...but, ya do what ya gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)