Friday, March 08, 2013

Poppies, Poppies Part 3

My Sweet Baboo had some minor surgery today; nothing serious but it did result in me spending most all of the day lounging around waiting rooms and not working on any of my urgent, behind and/or overdue projects.

So, after I got him settled down for the evening with a dose of pain reliever, I finally headed into the makeshift cutting room and began the process of cutting out the prototype skirt.

The first thing I had to do was convert the newspaper sample into a useable pattern.  So I pulled out my roll of examination table paper, taped a bit on to make it wider, then laid the newspaper pattern over it.  The only seam allowances I added went on the dart legs; 3/8", to be exact.  This was the first time I got to use the little freebie ruler I won and...WOOT!  that is one great little tool (I forsee much easier Burda Magazine pattern prep in my future).  Then I trued up everything and cut out my new pattern.

Then I wrote 'ARCHIVE' on that pattern and traced another one, which I used to cut out 10 petals w/lining and 10 sets of nylon net underlining.  I was stackin' and whackin' with a vengeance and managed to get the skirt cut out before midnight.  Barely.

Now comes the real test...will it sew up to look like I hope it looks?

By Sunday night I should know the answer to that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)