Sunday, March 24, 2013

Choir Wardrobe - 03 24

I was photobombed by the cat.  She hopped up and rubbed on my leg while we were taking photos, then disappeared immediately. 

Anyway, March colors...navy, emerald, grayed jade and cream/tan.  I got dressed at 7 AM and the photo was taken about 8 PM...long day, which is rough on cheap silk duppioni.  This version of the Sewing Workshop Tribeca Shirt has never fit quite right through the shoulders and tends to bind in the arms, but it's such a great shade of green that I wear it anyway.  As I said, it's cheap Hancock's duppioni, so I really don't expect it to last too awfully long. The sleeveless shell top that I made to coordinate is already beginning to disintegrate.

So, layered over a blue rayon knit Jalie 965 tank top I hit the colors pretty well. 

We have 7 services spread over 3 days next weekend; I have to do laundry sometime so all my green and blue is clean.  I'd love to make something new, but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze it in between the poppy skirts...of which I have finished 2 and have the third one about 1/4  - 1/3 done.  I may take a day off of work this week and sew...I have 2 weeks till the costume parade.  Not panicking...yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)