Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Pink Dress Wearer



Finished it up a bit after 2 PM yesterday. Given the taxi driving I did picking everyone up from work and school yesterday, that really was just in the nick of time.

But the Flute Player was extremely happy; and now she has a nice dress to wear also to the Father/Daughter banquet in April (Assuming, of course, that the spot she put on the front when she dropped her fork while she was eating her chocolate pie washes out ok).

And we've got a booked up morning...dunno if I'll even get the green silk cut out for the new choir top. I've decided to go with the simplest option; we'll see what happens when I get home this afternoon.

7 comments:

  1. Wow...it looks BEAUTIFUL!! You did a wonderful job. You just amaze me!! It is so cool to just "whip up" a dress like that for your daughter! I bet in her mind...you just "hang the moon!!" Way to go girl!! Well....I'm off to try and find green for tomorrow too! UGh!!! I just DON'T have these colors!! :) have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is growing up so fast. This dress is so age appropriate and yet quite becoming that it makes a beautiful statement about a beautiful daughter. Bravo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks great! Very grown up, yet very much a young teen. I know you must be thrilled with the results! - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty dress & she looks so great in it

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did good! And she looks very pretty in her dress...I can just imagine your emotions...proud, happy and exhausted. Congratulations on making and meeting your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everybody! And Kudos to My Sweet Baboo, who cleaned the kitchen and ran some laundry, since I have done nothing but sew this week... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You did an awesome job with this challenge. She looks pretty and age appropriate. I do hope she was thankful that God gave you the talent to pull off such a great dress.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)