Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Fabric In...

Well, despite my reluctance to add fabric to the collection, I found myself fabric shopping in Hancock's yesterday, looking for 'bright dark green' fabric for a top...or blouse...or quick jacket...

Our 'choir colors' for March have been reassigned to April, and now March's colors are the afore-mentioned green and bright yellow, with black. I don't have either of those colors in the closet, hence the shopping trip.

Yellow is not an option for me; I can't even go there. But that's a blue-based green, so it's ok...I just didn't have any. I did some perusing online, and found a couple of green things...a knit print that bordered on being too big/loud for choir and some green silk charmeuse... that would do, but there wasn't a prayer of getting mail-order stuff in time to have a shirt by Sunday. So I went to Hancock's.

And came home with three yards of silk duppioni. The quality is not nearly as nice as the duppioni I got from Textile Fabrics, but I washed it and it did soften up considerably. I purchased it thinking I'd make another Tribeca Shirt, but I'm also considering a stripped-down version of Vogue 1017 (without the assymetric frou-frou on the front). But Sharon's Simplicity 3684 blouse caught my eye, too...and I have that pattern in the stash as well.

I guess it just depends on whether I end up with time to work up a new pattern or not. I still have to do Pastor N's linen shirt...which isn't even cut out yet...

I still may be in all black *this* Sunday, but at least I have a shot at a green shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)