Monday, October 06, 2008

Still Bastin'

I remember spending nearly a whole day basting/sewing/removing the basting from the narrow bias binding of the first Robin's Jacket I made. With the second one, I used some faux suede binding that was slightly wider and fuse-basted it.

But I really like the look of that narrow bias, so on the blue jacket I'm back to hand basting.

But I don't want to re-create the creaking agony in the base of my neck, so I've been doing it in small spurts.

Four more buttons were sewn on the silk shirt while waiting my turn on the electronic game I played with the kids last night. To my amazement (and The Actor's disgust), I actually won...

But I think I am going to shelve my projects and get a pants pattern tested for The Flute Player today. She needs pants that fit in the worst way and, since she's two sizes smaller in her waist than in her hips, I'm not gonna find RTW that works.

Sigh. Those projects will get finished...one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels - that all day long stitching. Doing it in bits and pieces is better. I do feel your pain for your daughter's pants - I've got the same build and RTW is a joke. She should be very thankful she has a mom who can sew her pants that fit!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)