Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bailing

I cut out the lining for the pirate vest yesterday, and got stopped dead because I couldn't find the remnant of fabric I used for the interfacing/underlining on the first vest. I looked and looked, and, while I was looking, I had a few moments of Real Thinking.

And I recollected that I had a LOT more to do today than sew a pirate costume that really wasn't absolutely necessary anyway. My Sweet Baboo and Number 2 son are both going to Pow Wow; Number 2 Daughter and I are both going on the Girl's Retreat. We all are supposed to be at church bright and early in the morning to pack up vans and head to our respective destinations.

Which means I have laundry and packing to do today. Now, I *might* possibly have been able to squeeze in the pirate costume, but, really, the only reason I was making it was to get it off my list...not because it was needed. The shirt, pants, and sashes I've already made for him will be quite sufficient.

Sigh. They may become UFO's...but it's not worth putting myself into a totally stressed mode just to prevent that. So I'm bailing. The vest pieces are going back into a bag; I'll get to 'em when I get to 'em.

And I will not allow myself to be guilty over it...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! No need in feeling guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not bailing!!! You are prioritizing! And that's what smart people do!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)