Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Mom's Taxi

No, it wasn't enough that I had places to go and things to do of my own yesterday; there were other folks to get to destinations and pick up, too.

And there were mis-figured times, missed busses, and cell phones on silent ('I didn't know you'd sent me a text!')

Needless to say, there was NO sewing accomplished yesterday.

Today I'm the one without wheels...and while I'd love to spend my Day At Home sewing, I've got laundry to do, a kitchen that's a wreck and a lesson to prepare for the Jr High Girl's class that I'm teaching tonight.

So there may be no sewing today either.

And I'm *that close* to having the houndstooth jacket finished...I think I'll have to allow myself a couple of housework breaks today to see if I can at least get the hems finished; then all I'll have left is buttons/buttonholes.

I think I can, I think I can... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean. I have an Onion jacket pattern (1023) that I've wanted to sew since last November. I need to make a muslin--preferably a wearable one. I finally was hit by absolute inspiration and am ready to make this! Pattern pieces are traced and cut, a fabric and a backup in case of insufficient yardage are ready. Yesterday I had to shop, tonight I have to prepare for youth group--I teach--tomorrow is a huge field trip, and we won't be home until late. Saturday DD goes to a birthday party. Will I be feeling inspired, or just tired on Friday night and Saturday morning????

    Tiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I wanted to do was head into the sewing room today, and you know, I never did get there either....sigh

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)