Thursday, October 11, 2007

Filling Space :D

I haven't sewn a stitch yet this week. My serger still hasn't been plugged back in after I brought all my stuff home on Saturday. I'm beginning to feel just a hint of 'I need to sew' vertigo.


That means I don't have any fabulous anything to report today. No progress, no plans,nothing, nada, zilch.

And it's time, according to the calendar, to switch the warm weather wardrobes for the cool weather wardrobes...but we're still in the 80's in these parts. A cool front came through yesterday and I turned off the AC and opened the windows. Fall clothes? Just not ready yet. Maybe next week.

And thanks for the hair comments! I'd been contemplating that for a while; every time I posted a photo of a new garment or choir outfit, I found myself thinking, with a wince,'Oh, the hair...' Remember those Vidal Sassoon commercials from the late '70's, in which the model had a very sleek and shiny page-boy bob which she shook side-to-side so we could all note how every hair then fell back into its place? That was always my ideal hairstyle. I've always wanted Neat Hair. Now, I know there are products and tools that can tame thick, wiry, wavy-curly hair into submission, but I don't have the time or the money to invest in that. My stylist, Miss DA, laughed at me. "Girl, you need to stop fighting it. You have Romantic Hair, and you need to go with it." I think she cut as much *out* as she cut *off*...when I wash it, it feels almost sparse now. I found my diffuser and I actually recreated the look all by myself. That's a very good thing.

Romantic Hair. That sounds so much nicer than wild, unruly, unmanageable; maybe I just need a paradigm shift here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)