Saturday, October 06, 2007

99 Cent temptation

I did well to avoid some very tempting fabric when I stopped for buttons Thursday (BTW, the buttons I decided on were black faux-braided-leather; I thought that classic style would suit the houndstooth pattern), but I couldn't ignore the 'Butterick patterns 99 cents each' sign and got four. Of course, two of them were the See & Sew line, which never go on sale, but at their $2.50 regular price, I figured that was ok. They'd both been on my list for a while.

Anyway, I got:
5066; I like the jacket shape (I'll need to add a lining and possibly switch the sleeves out for 2-piece) and I think the dress is good, and could be easily split into a top and a skirt. Or it may just go into the bin waiting forever for me to play with it....

5065; I may be Too Late for that Duroesque styling, but I've been looking for a tunic pattern that wasn't too flared under the bust and I think this could be altered. Again, possibly a permanent resident of the 'to be edited' bin, especially as I got the wrong size range and will have to grade the shoulders/upper chest down to an 8 from a 14. The bonus is that I won't have to grade the waist/hips up to a 14....

For some reason, I was taken with 5109. I'm not much of a bag lady, but those looked like something I could make for Christmas gifts. Mabye.

Finally, I got 5087. That's very similar to the Vogue jacket 2984, except that the Butterick has princess seams...easier to alter...and, while it's unlined, it wouldn't take a great deal of effort to add a lining. I think I could even play around with it and get a peplum in the back, but, given the fact that my wool is moth chewed I might just need to settle for lenthening and flaring it just a bit. I'll use less fabric that way...

But, none of that will happen this week; I'm off to church for a day of costume sewing and when I get home, the Prodigious Queue awaits...

1 comment:

  1. I have several of those patterns but before they transferred the styles to the See & Sew line.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)