Thursday, April 19, 2007

To Nashville and back

The kids arrived back from Iceland last night; there was a glitch in the system, though, and the four who were on different flights (including The Eye Rolling Teen Son) ended up w/a delay that put them later than the rest of the group. So, DH being approaching sick, I got elected to drive to Nashville and pick them up. They got in just before midnight, minus their luggage, and ravenously hungry. So, including the time spent dealing w/luggage that didn't make the connection, a slight detour (couldn't see the road sign because I was behind a semi and missed an exit) and some time at Steak N Shake while they fried up some to go chow, then delivering them to their apartments on the other side of town, it was after 3 before I made it to my bed.

On my way out of the Rocket City, I stopped at Starbucks and ordered a double shot Grande (the big one) Vanilla Latte. The barrista asked if I really wanted a double shot, since the Grande already had two; double would be four shots.

Yes, I really wanted the double!!! And needed every drop of it...

But DS has kept me up w/delivery issues before; he was born shortly after 5 AM 19 years ago today...didn't get much sleep that night, either ;)


April 19,1988











Nov. 2006
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You deserved every drop of that Starbucks - for then and now! Really, though, what an awesome mom you are - just because they're bigger doesn't mean they don't need mom's care and love!

    Very cute picture, too!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)