Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Bodacious Queue

Yesterday, I looked at the pile of fabric that I had waiting to be cut and I thought about picking up everything...y'know, neatening the house up...before I cut it out. But that would mean putting away the cutting set up, too, and who knows when it would get back out. And I had begun sewing the last thing in the queue...I needed something to move on to, or I'd be stuck mending when the pink jacket's done. And, on top of that, I need orange for choir in three weeks.

So, I decided to spend yesterday cutting; then, I could put everything away and clean house today.

Boy, did I cut:

-- 2 Jalie 2005 T's from (um, traffic cone)orange cotton lycra; one for me, because I need it for choir next month, and one for DD, because orange is her favorite color
-- Sewing Workshop's (discontinued) Thai Coat from the orange/yellow/ multi butterfly batik/tie-dye cotton twill purchased from Vogue Fabrics at the Expo last month
-- Cutting Line Designs Stars in Heaven tunic from the remnants of the teal rayon/linen left from the In the Trenches set
--Vogue 8323 princess-seamed t from some really cheap orange/pink/yellow tie dye-look cotton jersey
--Cutting Line Designs Farewell to Arms skirt from the gorgeous floral rayon I got from Louise, also at last month's Expo
-- Loes Hinse's City Dress, from some Batik Butik rayon purchased two years ago from Timmel Fabrics.

I'd say that will keep me busy for a while. That's seven garments, totaling 12 3/8 yards. Whew!

I've realized that the cutting is key; if something's cut, it will get sewn...eventually...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Such productivity! Looks like there will be some lovely additions to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but the SWAPper in me is appalled...with the exception of the orange t and the jacket, NONE OF IT GOES TOGETHER! *cringe* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on cutting to keep momentum going. I like to cut in batches, then sew. But I have to be careful not to cut too far ahead of myself, or I start feeling pressured by it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)