Friday, May 26, 2006

Scrooge Costumes Revisited

Note to folks who landed here searching for info on sewing for a Dickens era production: if you click on 'Dickens Costuming Tips' on the top of the left sidebar, it will bring up a series of posts with tips/hints/links for costuming a Dickens production

Oh, they're still in the back of my mind; for one thing, the attic storage area is complete gridlock. But now that a major remodling project at church is about finished I can hopefully get down and work on sorting/storing/organizing this summer. But that's not really what I wanted to share.

I was hunting around on Google yesterday for other productions of Scrooge and it turned up a page on our church's website that I didn't know was there. It's a page with different little promo videos that get run on the screens before the service and...there's one for the Scrooge DVD! I tried to get a link straight to the Scrooge clip, but it apparently is linked up through the index page, so the best I could do was a link there. There is sound on it, but I'm not sure what it is since our sound card and our CPU are not speaking to each other and I can't hear anything...

Anyway, if you want to see what the costumes looked like moving about on stage, click HERE, then click on 'The Gospel According To Scrooge' icon in the lower left corner (it's a still from the graveyard scene -- you'll have to scroll down slightly).


[Edit 11-29-07: The church website has been completely overhauled and that clip isn't on it any more. If it gets reposted, I'll fix the link!]

They'll be doing auditions for this year's production in about 3 months...I need to get crackin' on the costume organization.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lisa! Those costumes are amazing. A Christmas Carol is one of my all-time favorite things to watch during the holidays. You must have had a ball working on this production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gigi! I don't know if 'a ball' is exactly how I would describe it...it's a lot of fun to participate in the production (I was a townsperson; you can actually see me nodding at one point in the clip, behind Sometime Sewing Fellow Castmember, who is remonstrating with Scrooge), but the costuming was quite challenging. Actually, it's what finally motivated me to start blogging...I was taking up way too much space on Pattern Review talking about it! If you want to see what we did, the blog Archives for November and December '05 are pretty much exclusively about the costume process...just for those who came in late ;).

    In all honesty, a large number of the 'townspeople' costumes were donated from a church in Florida, so we were only really dressing the featured characters. But that was enough to keep me busy for the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)