Thursday, May 25, 2006

To look or not to look, that is the question....

Sometimes you shouldn't ask a question. Other times, it's good. Depends on the answer. ;)

Last week I ordered about 13 yards of fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club; just enough, really, to use the $10 off coupon I got with the last set of swatches. It pretty much covered shipping, actually, but it was ok. That order should be here any day now; according to email, it was shipped Saturday (actually, now that I think about it, maybe I should check the tracking number they sent me...)

Anyway, what should meet me when I checked my Inbox this morning but a notice from FFC that they're having their semi-annual super-duper Clearance Sale.

Now I'm in a quandry. Should I look and see if the fabrics I bought last week were significantly reduced this week? Or am I better off not knowing?

I couldn't help it. I looked. One was reduced by $1.25/yd; one was reduced by $1.00/yd and one was reduced $.50/yd. The others hadn't changed. If I figured my purchases right, it would've been about $6 off. Less than the coupon I used, which (I think) expired last week.

So I'm good. Whew.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I know just how you feel! I had a large package come from FFC and have received not one but two emails since placing my order regarding price reductions! At first, I wanted to scream but since my package arrived yesterday and I am so thrilled with everything inside ~ I am just going to be happy that I have the ability to purchase fabric when the urge hits me! But I totally understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)