Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Have a Costume!

(Cue the lightning and the maniacal laughter) Yes! Igor, we have done it! I have a suitable getup for a quasi-Shakespearian actor!

Or at least one that looks like poufy pants instead of poopy pants. That's Kwik Sew 3636 for leggings, substantially modified boxer shorts and The Artist's Butterick 4486 Pirate shirt.

So...that being a hit, I have fabric for the next leggings/poufy pants set dyed orange and drying, with the purple on deck for tomorrow. As the kids are rehearsing, it's becoming obvious that they have about all the costume pieces they can handle, so once the leggings and pants are done...dare I say it?...I may be finished.

But 'White Christmas' has been knocking on my door with a need for the dresses the girls wear to sing 'Sisters'...Vogue 2903.

So even if I'm finished...I'm not done. Not yet...

(So, of course I ordered fabric today. Makes sense, eh? :rolleyes:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great - love the hi-top Chucks, too.

    You get to make White Christmas dresses?!? Lucky you! I'm stuck in the Roman era here for the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it does look like I'm going off into Vintage Vogueland....

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)