Monday, September 14, 2009

Fabric In. Again.

Ok. The Flute Player is going to need new black pants for concerts...last year's are not EVEN going to reach her ankle bones.

So I had to have more black fabric. And Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics just happened to have stretch wovens on sale last week. So I got some black cotton/lycra sateen for pants for The Flute Player. And me. And she sent an extra yard, so I may make myself a black vest out of it as well.

And, you know, no piece of fabric can make a trip alone, so I ordered some white cotton/lycra stretch satin that Ann suggested for a wonderful men's shirt. I can always use a wonderful white shirt, so I thought I'd have one. However, when I opened the box, I was surprised at how substantial that fabric is...it's nearly a bottomweight.

But. The short Coldwater Creek snoop shopping trip yielded some pretty substantial tailored cotton/lycra satin shirts hanging on their racks. So. I'm thinking I'll have a nice, substantial, very dressy white shirt. Eventually.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Lisa, "No piece of fabric can make a trip alone." I may have to remember and use that rationalization in the future! Your white shirting sounds lovely.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)